Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Challenge faces trepediation

trep·i·da·tion
ˌtrepiˈdāSHən/
noun
noun: trepidation
1.
a feeling of fear or agitation about something that may happen

Trepidation fuels my every step as I run towards my next challenge.  This Ultramarathon's beauty absolutely captured me  http://trailstoke.5peaks.com/trailstoke-revy/the-views/.

This is how I have lived my life as long as I can remember, chasing the next challenge ahead.  I prefer the self-inflicted crazy challenges I place before myself....but each and every challenge life has given me has made me even more prepared for the next challenge,  self inflicted or not.

This self-inflicted challenge over these next few days could be a doozy.  Its the inaugural Trailstoke 60k (never ran before) and said to be "one of the toughest Ultramarathons in the world".  I look forward to spending the day challenging myself with like-minded (crazy) folk.  As a "skyrunning" event high in the alpine I have my mandatory bear spray in hand and have reviewed my bear awareness....still shaking with the thoughts. My "plan" is to embrace myself with the beauty in order to forget the pain.

Trepidation comes from the fact that I have been out of commission with a bulging disc in my back (damn that was painful!)...which has cleared up over the last week (fingers crossed it stays this way over 60k).   I little tentative,  I will at least try.

I have set in my head that I have no expectations on finishing.... if my sciatic nerve starts firing I'll just piggy back one of those grizzlies down to the finish line :)

Okay, off with my adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment